Implementation of ELL master plan moves forward
The Clark County School District (CCSD) continues to move forward with the implementation of its Master Plan for English Language Learners (ELLs).
The plan, which was approved by the Board of School Trustees in May 2016, consists of five strategic objectives designed to improve the skills and proficiency of students whose primary language in not English.
The five objectives are:
- Advance the quality of teaching for ELLs
- Diversify instructional program options for ELLs
- Hire, retain and continually support high-quality educators of ELLs
- Foster a climate and culture that values the diverse needs of all ELLs and engages their families
- Align policies, structures and practices across schools and departments for equitable learning opportunities